Friday, January 22, 2010

Its all in the turkey

Im not sure where to start because my last blog was over a month ago, let me think. hhmmm, just before Christmas Jasmine and I ran around like fools because we hosted Christmas, both sides of the family. It was a success. Turkey and chicken and all sorts. Oh that reminds me, as I was at the servo pumping the tyre on Sauls new bike (of which he wasnt to fussed) around 10am, Jasmine rang me screaming like she was possessed "theirs a fucking cock inside the turkey and I just threw up in the sink!!!" "what do you mean by cock in the turkey?" "I put my hands inside to stuff the turkey and felts something hard, pulled it out and it was a dick!"
I wasnt sure what to think of all this screaming, dick and turkey talk, so I headed home to find out what it was about. I thought maybe some one at the turkey factory had a few drinky poos at the work Christmas party and decided to give it the old one, two. And somehow in the process it got cut off and ended up on my very table, inside the big bird. Turns out it was just its own neck and its quite standard practice.

We went to the Why? gig and it was absolutely brilliant. I had a realization while I was there that people go to watch the music and maybe have a bit of a dance. But some, only a few, get so consumed and think they are at a karaoke bar and yell all the words as loud as possible. This makes an uncomfortable event for those around them that just want watch, listen and maybe dance. Its shit-house hearing some out of tune fuck wit with his hat on side ways yell the lyrics into the side of your face. To close for comfort. And security guards, fuck, dont get me started on these hunks of hammer that just want to punch peoples face in for looking funny. It was annoying that we found a good spot up the front, security decides to stand right in front of me so I couldn't see and then tell me about his cheap iphone and how he lost his judo match in the olympics. Yes, you are physically elite and could break a broom stick by staring at it but I paid to watch a band, not you.

New years was camping in the Grampians. That was good. Camping is good.
I had a few weeks off work which gave me time to gather my thoughts and watch a slut load of movies. We had a Tarintino marathon, all of them back to back for about 4 days. Its was good but by the end I was ready to slice some shit up with swords and scream motherfucker alot.

My time to think made me set some new years goals that Im already not sticking to that well. Things like drumming, cleaning, fuck I cant even remember them. Fuck it. So much for that.
But I have decided next year Im going to school, either to do percussion or film making. 
I spent my first few days back at work grinding my teeth and figuring out how Im going to tell the boss, because I think, she thinks I will stay forever and one day take over the place. But turns out that wasnt the plan. So I keep hump dancing every time she turns her back and pushing the boundaries of what I can do while she is looking the other way.

The film making plan is relatively new but I can see myself sticking with it. After watching a few Australian short masterpieces that really touched me, I think its my calling. Here is a little piece that raises some very important issues in todays society. Its heart wrenching to say the least and touches on things like lust, love, desire and action. The constant struggle to please those in power. To rise up and say this just isnt good enough to a man, who is reluctant to give up his cultural icon to a lesser equal. A classic sing for your supper story with a moving sound track. I really feel this. 




things that are shitting me as of late:
Crazy people
Bin bags
Socks with holes
Lack of funds to keep my drinking and eating habit at an unhealthy but steady rate
Not being able to laze around for days on end and not actually achieve anything. Like getting stoned, putting on some tunes and laying there until my hunger has gotten the better of me. That was pretty well my youth summed up in 2 sentences.
Basic modern personal maintenance, like shaving, brushing teeth, cutting toe nails and pissing in the toilet. I always opt for the lemon tree but showering and wiping my ass are essential and those I couldnt live without.
People who think they have the answers to your life

Until next time. Keep your eyes to the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment