Monday, November 1, 2010

I got a story to tell


Good folks and folks with shot legs,

Last night shit went down. It was pretty awesome, this is how it goes...

Jasmine, Jim, Olly and I where having a few beers at the stew and just standing around talking shit, nothing out of the usual.
All of a sudden we heard a loud bang and all looked at each other for a moment, not knowing what it was. A slight moment of confusion because we thought someone had dropped something until I said "that was a gun shot" and we stepped just outside the house. We heard a commotion and a guys creaming "he shot me in the leg! he shot me in the leg!"
So we turned straight the fuck around, got inside, locked the door and turned the lights off as I was already calling 000. Mood was tensile and everyone was shaken. I was on the phone for just over 5mins but it felt like 30 seconds. I got brave and wanted to go outside and everyone was like, Reubin dont be fucking stupid its a gun. But we opened the door and could hear sirens and someone screaming "put the gun down" but I dont think it was the cops yelling.
We chilled inside for a bit trying to figure out what to do or when to go outside. We could hear people outside but couldnt tell if it was police or not. Eventually we stepped into the street and saw a few uniform cops with torches and police tape. They came straight up to us and we told them what we heard and gave statements and details. Everything seemed calm for awhile and back to almost normal.
We got back inside and opened more beers and had a bit of a chuckle. Jasmine thought it would be funny to put a fake hand out in the street and scream when we saw it, but we quickly convinced her its a bad idea. So I proceeded to play the ABC news theme on marimba. Good times.
1 hour after the shot I got a call from a guy from the SES asking what sort of scene we have on our hands and what lights they should bring down. I was a little confused why he was asking me but answered the best I could and described the street to him. He said he would bring down the "375`s and not the big tower" and I just agreed. It wasnt until a few minutes later that I realised I was absolutely the wrong person to be asking and stepped out into the street again to tell the police the SES called me.
As I got out a few detectives in suites quickly stepped up and sussed us out. I told him about the SES call and he laughed. They had Jasmines car taped up and wouldnt let us take it home. They said it wouldnt take long to dust it down because the shooter hid behind it and it might have prints on it.
It was probably another hour after that and we thought its time to leave but they still woudnt let us take the car. We asked why and they said because they are waiting on bigger lights to come down before forensics can dust it proper. I kind of went silent and didnt say anything.

After all it was a good night with plenty of entertainment. Its not everyday in Brunswick someone gets shot. Here is a news clip of what happened.

Stay safe people.


No comments:

Post a Comment