Wednesday, September 23, 2009

oh, what a night

Last Saturday was bloody awesome. I know what your thinking dear readers, why are you telling us now? The answer is its taken me this long to put the pieces together and find some photos. Ill try to tell the story in a timeline of the events happening. This is how I recall it.


We (smurfinger) had a gig in Castlemaine above stonemans bookroom. It was for the Wicked City launch. All bands played brilliantly and rocked the fucking house. It was packed and everyone was in a good mood.


We decided to do something a little different and dress up. Or in my case, dress down. This is what I looked like:
















We played like mad men and got sweaty as fuck. I had a massive sweat stain on the front of those little shorts, it looked like i pissed myself. But I didnt. I even recited a verse from I love a sunburnt country.

So I put my regular clothes back on and headed down stairs to see some old friends and breath the fresh Castlemaine air. Thats when I bumped in to an old mate. Lets call him "Sack" yep old mate Ballsack alright. Old faithful, old trustworthy, old chump. You get the picture. He was a little sheepish bit I just shrugged it off and went about my business because I couldnt care less what he had to say. But as I was crossing the road he felt like he needed a word with me. So he started a little tough guy dance and finger pointing thing that made me think, is that Sylvester Stallone on smack? Turns out it wasnt that bad, somewhere along the line a roumor started, that I started a roumor about his brother not having cancer. Truth be known, just because I dont really like the guy and 98% of what comes out of his mouth is bullshit, doesnt mean I would go out of my way to put him down like that. Its harsh. And I have sympathy for him. On a lot of levels.

With that out the way it was part time. I danced like a muppet doing the limp wristed wobble dance. It gave me a killer sore neck the next day. But it was well worth it.
The party then continued on at the botanical gardens. So many people showed up and it was fucking cold but we used the BBQs for warmth and someone started a fire.
I dont remember much after that but yelling into the megaphone "we are getting married!" and the festivities really kicked off then.
Jasmine and I expressed our love a little more than usual and announced the big news. It wasnt what I had planned but I guess it was ok. I was off my face and was definitely feeling the love. So in answer to all your questions and congratulations, one day we will get married, but not anytime soon.
I woke in the morning and the first thing I said was "can you get me a pastie from the Maldon Bakery" and my dreams came true. All in all a success.
We sold a few CDs and made some money off the door. I thought to myself, we should really try and organise another event like this, but its the sort of thing that just happens. If you over plan it, nothing goes to plan.

Im kind of lost for words now. Not much happened this weekend just gone. Apart from going to Maryborough for Jasmine grandparents 50th anniversary. Maryborough is balls, old people have saggy balls but they are polite. Not so much to me. And the eat soft mushy food, wich i dont mind.
Oh thats right! my douche bag brother made my housemate put my car a few blocks away, so I would think it was stolen. It didnt work because the first thing I did was ring Aaron. He tried to play dumb but I could see right through him. So I got a lift 2 blocks away and drove my car home and went to sleep. I wasnt even angry, only slightly inconvenienced by about 2 mins 30 seconds. Nice try dickheads.

Bon Jovi.

No comments:

Post a Comment