Thursday, October 22, 2009

the bland imaginarium of me

Oh g'day!

Dear Tesltra,
I hate you, and I hate everything you do. I hate the way you make me wait for ages on the phone only to talk to someone who has had their soul destroyed by angry people like me. Ringing Telstra is one of my most dreaded activities of modern common life. They are stooges at the best of times and they ripped me off good. However the people who work for The Commonwealth Bank of Australia are only to helpful. Would you like a credit card? would you like insurance? do you need a new car? Ever thought about buying a house? OK, I have had enough I just want to know how much money is in my old piggy bank? Zilch, thanks for you help.

Nothing to exciting in this weeks post my good friends. WOW! what the fuck! that was very weird. Just as I was typing that, I heard someone walking around at work, I looked up from the computer and there was a lady. She looked at me and started walking away and just kind of waved to say 'don't worry about it' and walked off kind of fastly. So I got up and was like, what the fuck? can I help you? but she was already out the door. I quickly checked everything, nothing was gone. Then I ran to the car park and the lady was just casually walking down the street. Weird! I wonder what she wanted? maybe she was checking the place out to burgle us later, or maybe she just changed her mind. Maybe, because she was black, she heard the really loud afrobeat music and thought it was a party! Did I mention I was playing very loud, very funky tunes? Did I mention she was black? Oh, I did, I just didnt want to bring alarm to the fact a suspicious looking person who just so happened to be the colour black was curiously perusing the premise of my work with out my knowledge. Thats all.

With that out the way I dont have much to say. My bloody gazebo fell down again, after I had already kind of fixed it. Stupid thing is proving more trouble than what its worth. But I think I have sorted it out good and proper. Nic came around and helped hoist it up. He also lent me his Roland S Howard record, was is brilliant. I got a turn table now so Im a happy man. Jasmine doesnt like it so much, she prefers the fuck off TV we now have. Modern appliance a plenty.

I saw the trailer for The imaginarium of doctor Parnassus and it looks really really awesome. Not because its Heath Ledgers last performance, I couldnt give a shit about that, but because its one of those things that only your imagination can take you to a place like that. I mean, normally if I was in a video shop or going to the movies, I tend to go for films that have a tag like "inspired by the real events" or "based on a true storey" and its usually about racism and killing some Jews or the injustices done to a black man by an oppressive regime or era. I like those movies, but every now and then you need to go a place where only the imagination can take you. Where reality doesnt exist. Because reality is for those who cant handle drugs. And you need to step outside of it sometimes. So I recommend getting off your gourd and going to see it. It will be well worth it.
Im still waiting for The Road to come out, but its a while off yet.

This weekend I am thinking about getting some spray cans and hitting the streets. Not to tag pointless shit like road signs and windows. But do some politically motivated stencils that have no relevance to todays political agenda. Who knows, maybe I will end up just doing a birds eye view of a cock and balls on every street corner in the northern suburbs. Thats political.

Keep your eyes in the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment