Wednesday, October 7, 2009

hey hey its not actually racist!

Hi good folks of blogtown. Its time for a weekly injection of goodness. The goodness and the not so goodness of the things that happened between now and my previous post.

Lets recap:
Dali Exhibition. Nope. Didnt make it. Yes dear reader, I regret it. Here is the story. (in a timeline)
Saturday morning, woke from a deep slumber, drank coffee and got to some real estate agents to start looking for houses. Looked at a few shit houses and one I really liked. Mainly because of the hat hooks in the hallway, this was the selling point.
Saturday night we where out with friends at a vegan/vegetation restaurant. I thought id wear my leather jacket to cause a little "who wha" but no one even looked twice. Failure on my behalf. I thought they would at least ask me to leave it at the door to avoid offending anyone.
Afterwards we sat on the beach and smoked a fatty. It was serene and delightful. Apart from some fucking insane lunatic yelling at some Muslims to take their head scarfs off! That part was crazy. This guy was really really angry. To the point where you couldnt actually understand what he was saying because he had so much fury inside of him. He yelled and yelled and yelled but the Muslims just acted like they couldnt hear him. Which I have to say is a good thing. I contemplated smashing a bottle over this guys head but didnt want to get involved. So we just ignored him.
We headed to the Dali show around 11pm. Feeling a little loose and in the mood for staring at some psychedelic art. We took one look at the line, and thought fuck that for a joke. It was massive! We didnt even get to the end of the que before we decided not to do it. We asked some people and they said at least 3 hours untill you get inside. I would have been sober by then. Sober, tired and not in a good mood after standing in a line for 3 hours. We thought maybe we can come back at 5am and it will be awesome. So we went home and at 5am, I refused to get out of bed. So it didnt happen, and I regret it.
Sunday we felt stupid for not going, so we drove all over the western suburbs to look at BBQs. These days a BBQ can do just about anything. Its amazing.
We didnt buy a BBQ but we got some sweet bikes! They are bloody awesome. Mines black and rad, Jasmines is blue and girlie. Oh my its so much fun cruising the suburbs with loud annoying air horns and using them excessively around children and barking dogs. They love it, I love it.

Tuesday we got a call about the house I like and we got approved! Fun times. Pubs within riding distance and hat hooks in the hallway. What more to life could I possibly need?

Now about racism:
The hey hey its Saturday skit isnt actually racist, its race related. Which is very different. Racism by definition is; discrimination based on race. My first point is, they didnt discriminate in any way and it was a parody of the Jackson 5. Who are black. Therefor portraying them as they are.

This weekend I will be moving house and drinking beers to celebrate. Feel free to join me if you like putting other peoples stuff in the rightful place eg: you putting my cutlery, in my cutlery draw.

Keep it dusty. Dont paint your faces black.

No comments:

Post a Comment